Translate

Monday, March 19, 2018

Margaritas!

Our Supercalifragilistic set is awesome! (If I do say so myself! LOL!)
It makes it easy to create all sorts of encouragement cards. Maybe you have a friend going through relationship woes, or maybe they have a really sucky boss, or maybe they are playing the waiting game waiting for test results. There are a lots of reasons to reach out and hug someone with a special card! Just look at this fun card that Lisa created!



"Hello crafting friends! Today I'm still in the mood for green even though St. Patricks Day has come and gone, and when I came across the Margarita sentiment in the Supercalifragilistic Stamp Set I wanted to make what looked like a green lime margarita.... But sadly I have to admit I think my hand cut margarita glass looks a lot more like a wine glass lol! ooopppsss! But I'm not one for trashing my crafting, and I still think it's rather fun. To create my card I started by creating a green background with various alcohol inks onto Yupo paper. While this was drying, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment with gold embossing powder. I cut out my "margarita" glass and adhere it together onto black cardstock. I then layered this with a patterned paper cardbase and finished it off with a few complimentary sequins. While I may not have acheived the original look I was going for I think this card will still bring a smile to someones face as the sentiment is really what it's all about. Don't be so quick to trash your imperfections, sometimes what we see as a mistake others see as caring, thoughtful, and unique."




1 comment: